Friday, May 23, 2014

Charm Swap 14 (CS14) weekly update....


This is only our second week in and we have a few members that are playing with some ideas for their charms. Betsy of BetsyBensen says "Right now I'm toying with the idea of a sterling leaf charm with a tiny gold ladybug on it. Just trying to decide the shape of the leaf and how I want the bale to look..." The idea for Betsy's charm sounds really cute! 

Renee from Panicmama says "I am toying with the idea of something hand-engraved. I have been working on my engraving skills and would really like to make a charm based around those skills. Floral theme maybe. The image (below) is of a gift I made during the holidays. I am liking the small grouping of flowers as a possibility." Below is the image she sent as an example. I think it's a great idea for a charm!



And some of us are in the same boat as Sue from TinkerSue who sends us this photo (below) and says: "I had one idea, tried it but it didn't work out. So, for now, my ideas are all jumbled up inside here:"



LOL....my suggestion...keep the wheels turning Sue! I know I am! 

And last but not least I, Michele of MicheleGradyDesigns, am working on the idea of making some charms out of CopprClay. CopprClay is a clay-like material that works like clay but once it is fired in the kiln and the binder burns away you are left with a solid piece of copper.  I have just started playing with this material and I am really liking the way my pieces are turning out. Although I do not have a specific idea for my charms as of yet, I would like to make something out of this material. It is stilll early in the swap and I have time to change my mind and go with sheet and wire instead but I am toying with the idea of using the clay. Below is a ring I made with CopprClay.




Well, that's all I have for this week...check back next Friday for some more updates and sneak peeks of more charms to come! 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>