Thursday, August 25, 2011

Charm Swap 8 - week 21

Only 5 weeks left until all the charms are due for CS8 and we now have another Etsy Metal member who has finished her charms! Inbar of InbarBareket has sent photos of her finished "secret army". They are made from beetle wings, copper and silk thread. They came out great!




Ruby from Iacua has an update as well this week. As part of the rules of the charm swap each charm has to be approximately 1" square...Ruby says "I have news and progress-I ended up having to change my direction. The blackberry bell (which you can see in this blog post) is not going to approach 1", at best, with bail it might be around 1/2". As I didn't want to abandon the bell idea so I created a new bell shape out of Coralline algae. It looks like a folded snowflake. I have finished the prototype and am molding it. I will probably go with brass due to the high costs of silver." Ruby says she will send some photos as soon as she can.

Victoria Takahashi from Experimetal sent in this photo:


She says "These are my prototypes for the EtsyMetal Charm Swap 8. It has been slow going and a very tricky project, but there's nothing more motivating than a stiff deadline! I have finally got working samples and can now forge ahead with my charms." I can't wait to see what she does with them!

And last but not least is this update from Betsy of BetsyBensen . She says "all the bezels are made (these stones look like they are uniform, but they aren't, so every bezel is made to fit...). 4 are completed but I am in serious "batch mode" now, and will be making all of the bales and gold balls in a production line. Soldering and setting too! I've learned my lesson good." Betsy they look great! And a challenge is all about trying new things and learning from them so I am glad to hear that from Betsy as well!


Hopefully I will be able to work on my charms this week. ...with only 5 weeks left time is sure to go quickly! And in the mean time, don't forget to check out the EtsyMetal Shop. You will find charms from past charm swaps that are available for purchase. Until next time! ~ Michele from MicheleGradyDesigns

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>