Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"On Creativity" with Rebecca of Adobe Sol Designs

In our blog series "On Creativity" each week we will feature one of our members and their perspectives on keeping their creativity alive. 

This week we are talking to Rebecca Bogan of Adobe Sol Designs

What inspires you?
Nothing romantic here... I am inspired by everything that I come into contact with. Often times the materials that I am working with inspire certain designs. Each stone, metal or bead tells a different story!

How does your design process work/How do you come up with new ideas?
Once an idea starts to percolate in my mind I either sketch it, jot it down on the nearest napkin or just go ahead and start working on it. Sometimes I just put an idea in the back of my mind and it will surface at a later time.

How do you stay motivated?
Generally I stay motivated by keeping my body, mind and spirit healthy. My best creativity happens when I am feeling really good. A good diet and plenty of gruelling exercise help!

Do you ever find yourself in a creative rut? If so how do you get out of it?
Oh yes. When I get into a creative rut I know it is time to take a small break and evaluate what is not quite right in my world. Usually a good mountain bike ride, spending time with family and good friends will get me back into my groove.

Do you make other things besides jewelry?
For a while I got into making quilts. I love the feel of the fabric and the colors available to play with. I made a few really nice quilts but found that it is not really my "Thing". 


RAW52 28/52 2011

RAW52 29/52 2011

2 comments:

lunedreams said...

Rebecca is one of my favorite Flickr posters! I ooh and ahh over every one of her designs. LOVE her aesthetic (which for me totally harmonizes with "Adobe Sol"! I look at one of her pieces and I want to be in the desert RIGHT NOW!--something spare, a little rustic and slightly unearthly about it) and her metalwork looks impeccable.

AdobeSol said...

lune, You are so very sweet!! Thank you for the kind words. You've made my day.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>