Monday, July 18, 2011

New Member Profiles - Silent Goddess, Tkmetalarts

This week I'd like to introduce two new Etsymetal members: Lane Clark (Silentgoddess) and Theresa Kwong (Tkmetalarts).

Lane joined Etsymetal this past June and we are so glad to have her on the team! Here is a sample of Lane's fabulous work:

Dogwood, Tree Hugger, and Twigs and Berries are three wonderful pieces from her Etsy shop. Here is a little bit about Lane:

With towering trees just feet away from my studio window, I don’t have to look far for design ideas. But sometimes inspiration is sparked from an industrial edge. I like to let the metal tell me what to make. Maybe a design needs graceful curve of a flower petal or it needs an angular bend paired with a stone. Or maybe not. That is pretty much the story of my life. I usually take the road less traveled. I love to constantly change things up and I take advantage of that every chance I can get in my art and in my daily life.

My metal journey began about 2 decades ago when I took a beginning jewelry making class. After just one night of hands-on metal manipulation and torch lighting I was hooked. Now years later I have taught myself most of what I know just through trial and error (some of the best “errors” turn out to be the coolest successes)! I am very blessed to have a great in-home studio where you can find me whiling away my days knee deep in metal and stones.


The second new member I'd like to introduce is Theresa Kwong of Tkmetalarts. Theresa joined our team in January of 2011 and has been a very active member. Here are three pieces very representative of Theresa's work:

Rectangle Moonstone Pendant, Japan Relief ring with garnet and Steel Blue Flowers with Larimar ring are all from Theresa's Etsy shop. Please read on to learn more about Theresa:

Theresa Kwong is a metalsmith based in the San Francisco Bay Area. It started off as a hobby but soon became an obsession. She now splits her time being a bench jeweler and an architect. She enjoys the design and technical challenges offered by both. Her inspiration comes from both the natural world and the built environment.

At the Revere Academy, Theresa learns to work with traditional goldsmithing techniques (forging, sawing, filing, fitting, soldering, polishing, stone-setting, etc). Her designs are simple and have a timeless elegance. She prefers fabrication and working directly with the metal sheets/wires instead of waxes and castings, ensuring the uniqueness of each piece, whether it is one-of-a-kind or limited edition pieces.

Thanks for taking the time to read about our new members. I will be profiling a few new members each week to please check back!


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>