Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Etsy Metal Finds 9/30/09

Since many of us are already weary of the early barrage of both Halloween and Christmas decor (and there will be much, much more to come over the next few months), I thought it might be soothing to the soul to ogle over some of Etsy's unsung treasures, like beautiful, hand-crafted, solid-wood beds, tables and home furnishings. There is absolutely nothing like an aesthetically pleasing, well-made piece of wood furniture.

I was really surprised to see so many amazing furniture craftsmen on Etsy, and here are a few of my favorites. I've also listed some honorable mentions below--both Etsy and non-Etsy sellers.

paulus: Sunburst Bed

________________________



________________________



________________________


eastvoldfurniture: Floating Credenza

________________________


Honorable Mentions


Etsy
jalexstudios: L-Modern Vase

upcycler: Humilitas Table
________

Non-Etsy
Probst Furniture
www.probstfurniture.com

Furniture X Design
http://furniturexdesign.com/

________
posted by tgendesignstudio

2 comments:

River Properties Inc said...

I have always been fascinated by woodwork, especially such fluid forms from solid materials...
Much in the same way that metal work appeals to me but I choose to work with silver as it is more forgiving (in my opinion)and I work much smaller (arthritis provides an interesting constraint which helps me focus my art and enjoy the process and the problem solving)

I particularly love the art of boat-making...

Someday I will explore wood- I think it is an interesting contrast to metal...

supersweetsilver said...

Those are stunning finds! I really like that bed. It would be amusing to see how much it would cost to ship that baby. But still, amazing.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>