Thursday, June 12, 2008

wildflower designs

hyperspeed ring

Stacey, of wildflower designs, is a fantastic artist. Stacey combines the modern look of sterling silver with the beautiful colors of natural gemstones to create pieces that are both feminine and substantial. I was able to ask Stacey a few questions recently:

1. Where do you live, and where are you from?

I live in Jackson, Mississippi at the moment and grew up in Ocean Springs, MS which is on the coast.

mod constellation earrings

2. How did you get started working with metal?

I had a psychology professor who made her own jewelry, some wire wrapped necklaces with stones, and I liked them. I asked her if she would teach me and from her I learned the basics of wire wrapping and really feel in love with stones.
Since then I have grown through trial and error and have been really fortunate to have some supportive people around that encourage me.

3. What are a few of your favorite pieces at the moment?


I really love my violet earrings--the layers turned out better than i had expected.




I am also very proud of my dragonfly that i created for our etsymetal insect theme.

4. What inspires you?

i LOVE flowers!! if i could be surrounded by them all day in every place i think i would be ok with that. i love their shape, their imperfections, their colors, and their uniqueness.
i also find inspiration in the stones i buy. they often shape my creations without my planning.

maybe a rose mini post earrings

5. Do you have any other artistic interests?

i enjoy watercoloring and my prefered subject is flowers. but, i often don't have the time to sit in a quite space and work on them.
and, i knit and crochet simple things when i am burnt out on all else. i find the repetition relaxing.


itty bitty hoop earrings

You can view more of Stacey's work in her Etsy Shop, as well as on her Blog, and on her Flickr site. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>