Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SNAG Tool Review Continued--Micro Forming Tools

I was enchanted by the tools offered by N. C. Black Co in the vendor room at the Society of North American Goldsmith's conference.  N. C. Black Co. specializes in micro forming tools for shell forming, raising, and spiculums by offering a full range of hammers, mallets, stakes and forming blocks for metalsmiths.  

These tools are available only at ALLCRAFT TOOL Co. and are 100% made in the United States.  I couldn't find a website address for Allcraft, but I do have a phone number to call for the tools, (212) 279-7077.  People were constantly at the booth trying out various hammers.  I don't remember a time when they had an empty booth!

They also had handouts available to show how each hammer was used to create these different micro forms.  I decided in the interest of time that I would visit them after I get home since they are located in North Carolina.  I am planning to travel to the Sawtooth School to get a lesson on these beautiful tools. 

2 comments:

studio.delucca said...

WOW. oh. wow.

especially those custom engraved hammers. well... especially EVERYTHING.

thanks so much for this outstanding review!

ArtigianoJewelBox said...

Latest info I have on Allcraft-
Allcraft Tool & Supply
135 w 29th St, NY, NY 10036
800-645-7124

I tried the 800 # to verify, but after hours - no answer.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>