Friday, March 5, 2010

ETSYMETAL Jewelry Challenge: Project Runway Season 7.7 "Hardware Store"

WELCOME to the reveal of last weeks' Episode 6 
"Adult and Children's Look!"

Below are our 5 EtsyMetal Team entries, and one guest!
This challenge was to create a children's look as well as an adult companion piece. So the interpretation for this challenge is make 2 pieces, a set. You can mix it up however you want and make father son, father daughter, mother son, mother daughter OR even a human animal combo as some of us only have fur children!


1-Shannon Conrad

Shannon says, "The child's piece was designed (in part) by Ruby. She drew the daisy and I sawed it from silver sheet. [see first photo on blog] In the center is a tube-set (synthetic) aquamarine - my birthstone.  For the adult look, I designed a more sophisticated looking flower and also cut it from sterling sheet. I soldered heavy sterling chain to the flowers. The center features a tube-set (synthetic) ruby, of course!"


2-Katie Miess Kohlhagen

Katie says, "Ok, here are mine! One for me, and one for my little dog Milo!"


3-Kira Ferrer

Kira says, "I did Mother/Daughter pendants. I started with the pendant for the little girl. I wanted to use a faceted stone because I remember getting my first piece of "real" jewelry from my grandmother when I was little, and I loved the way the stone sparkled."


4-Inbar Bareket


5-Nina Gibson

 

Guest Submission--Maria Apostolou

Maria says, "For this challenge, I decided to make two necklaces, one for the mother and one for the daughter. The mother's necklace is a reversible, riveted flower pendant, with silk between the two layers. For the child's necklace, I chose colors from the same color palette. A little bee is flying towards the flower (that was pierced from the mother's necklace)"

Next Week's Assignment is a fun one!  HARDWARE!  Oh, yes--make a piece using only objects found at a hardware store.   This is one that I think we can all get excited about.



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>