Saturday, March 27, 2010

EtsyMetal Jewelry Challenge 7.10: "Hey, That's My Fabric"

WELCOME to the reveal of last weeks' Episode 9
"Takin' It To The Streets!"

Below are our three EtsyMetal member entries!
Last weeks' TV challenge was to create a piece that incorporates the the theme of one of four New York City Neighborhoods. All three participants chose Chinatown!

I had framed picture I took last summer in NY china town - Mother carrying her son on her back - Both were very colorful as china town. I made the frame from sterling silver etched with NY skyline and I LOVE NEW YORK on it , the bezel remind me NY high buildings. I used anti reflex glass that made me hard time taking this picture :-)

I wanted to do something that was reminiscent of Chinese latticework.

I've never been to New York, but I've been to Chinatown San Francisco and other areas. This necklace is a tiny Chinese Lantern, made from sterling silver, patterned brass and copper. The beads are vintage glass. I'm re-thinking the yellow - it's a little bright, but I like piece!

Episode 10 :

"Hey, That's My Fabric"

"Project Runway" Season 7 Episode 10 (Hey, That's My Fabric). Guest judge is Vivienne Tam. Air Date: 03/25/10. In this episode, the designers' challenge was to design their own fabric to use for their look.

Have fun and we will see you next week, we are very much looking forward to seeing all your creations! *click to watch Episode 10:

MyLifetime full video here!

Our Jewelry Design Challenge: Please design and create a piece which incorporates

Pattern! Like the prints that were made by the PR contestants, we can pattern our materials. The pattern must be handmade.

**guidelines for guest participants:**

Please read this every week as there may be small updates and changes. The pieces you submit must be pieces that are made specifically for that weeks challenge. Then post your links in this weeks comment area, they will be retrieved as they come in before the deadline.

*We only are accepting guest submissions from our blog comment area at this time, insert your links there. Then please cross-post this to your Blog, Flickr, Etsy, etc. And tag them with "Project Runway Season 7 Episode 9." Currently we will post your name with a link and a picture of your piece on our blog. The new deadline for guest submissions will be Friday at 6 pm, Pacific Standard Time. The new blog posts and the new challenge will go up the weekend after the new episode airs.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>