Thursday, March 18, 2010

ETSYMETAL Jewelry Challenge: Project Runway Season 7.8 " The Four Elements of Fashion"




WELCOME to the reveal of last weeks' Episode 7
"Hardware Store!"
Below are our Five EtsyMetal member entries!
Last weeks' TV challenge was to create a look that the components were from a hardware store!


1~ Catherine Chandler ~ Knob Brooch
Catherine says, "I went and visited Hippo Hardware, here in Portland, OR, and found some wonderful quirky finds. 
I wasn't sure I would be able to create something solely from hardware store finds, but one thing I have learned about myself recently, is that I am a problem solver. And happily, I figured out a way to make it work! I'm very happy with this piece and fully intend on making more. Keep an eye out! "

Materials: 
drawer pull
wire
washer
screw
nail
*pin back 
(*non-hardware piece)



2~ Victoria Takahashi ~ Washer Envy Necklace
Victoria says, "This week I kept it simple. On the show, there was a horrific hot pink string washer bathing suit made. I felt he disrespected the simple washer and so i felt the need to made this piece to honor the "washer" and its sweet perfectness as individual roundly object thingamajigs."

Materials:
Sterling Silver
Steel
Brass
Oxidized

3~ Inbar Bareket ~ Man Short Necklace
Inbar says,  "I was schlepping the "Home Center" to find cool stuff ! Suddenly saw these beautiful metal support for glass shelf (I saw "beads" in my imagination). I than found this rubber cord (for jewelry) 5mm in diameter, and I ended them with sterling silver findings."


4~ Kira Ferrer ~ Copper Bangle
Kira says, "I formed plumber's copper tubing to make this hollow coral bangle."





5~ Sara Westermark ~ Washer Necklace
Sara says, "Electrical Copper, and found washers at the Habitat store."



Episode 8: 
"The Four Elements of Fashion"
 "Project Runway" Season 7 Episode 8 (The Elements of Fashion). Guest judge is Roland Mouret. Air Date: 03/11/10. In this episode, the designers' challenge was to create a look inspired by "one" of nature's four elements.
~Fire, Water, Earth or Air~

Have fun and we will see you next week, we are very much looking forward to seeing all your creations!  *click to watch Episode 8: 

**guidelines for guest participants:**
Please read this every week as there may be small updates and changes. The pieces you submit must be pieces that are made specifically for that weeks challenge. Then post your links in this weeks comment area, I will retrieve them as they come in before the deadline.
*We only are accepting guest submissions from our blog comment area at this time, insert your links there. Then please cross-post this to your Blog, Flickr, Etsy, etc. And tag them with "Project Runway Season 7 Episode 8." Currently we will post your name with a link and a picture of your piece on our blog. Remember, the rigid deadline for submitting your link is always on Fridays, 12 noon, Pacific Standard Time. The new blog posts and the new challenge will go up the weekend after the new episode airs. 

2 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

I love them all, but the The Washer Envy Necklace is amazing...great work!

A said...

Interesująca biżuteria :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>