Thursday, May 20, 2010

Charm Swap 6 - Week 3

Not much had happened this week.
I will tell you what I am planning for the charms swap and for my friends!
I will make Hamsa charm. I want it with turquoise gemstone or other light blue gemstone, and with red string ... Lucky me I have the idea ! I don't know the design yet - but that's a start....

A little background of the meaning of "Hamsa" and "Red String"

Hamsa

The Hamsa is used to ward of the evil eye and can be found on the entrances of homes, in cars, on charm bracelets and chains and much more. It is also common to place other symbols in the middle of the Hamsa that are believed to help against the evil eye such as fish, eyes and the Star of David. The color blue, or more specifically light blue, is also considered protective against the evil eye and we could see many Hamsas in that color or with embedded gemstones in different shades of blue.


Red Silk String

The Red String provides protection from the envious eyes of strangers (also called the Evil Eye) and according to the Kabbalah is an important tool for removing the intrusive negative influences around us.

A person possessed of an evil eye carries with him the eye of the destroying negative force; hence it is called "destroyer of the world," and people should be on their guard against them and not come near them so that they should not be injured by them! [Zohar I, p.68b]

Last week I showed you the Charm Swap 5 photos - I have one more collection to show you...


I will be here again next Thursday...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>