Friday, August 31, 2012

Project Runway Season 10, Episode 6: Fix My Friend


Season 10, Episode 6: Fix My Friend
Air 8/24/12
My Lifetime, Thursdays 9pmPST
The designers had to design a makeover look for a friend in need.
For our EtsyMetal Translation: 
Find a piece of jewelry that you made that you weren't satisfied with and give it a makeover. (Or use a piece of jewelry that you didn't make and give it a makeover) Please post a before and after picture.
Make it work!!
Before:
pr10-6-1
After:
pr10-6-2

“A lady came to me two days ago with these earrings and asked me if I can make something with them. 
I made an agreement with her - I don't know what the stones are. I'll think of something ...but if I ruin them - that will be OK with her. She agreed.”


Before:
eve-1
After:
eve2

“I made this piece in the past year. I had made all the little moth parts, but wasn't sure how to put them together, so I ended up stringing them like beads on heavy beading wire, with turquoise beads in between. I just didn't like the way it worked. The metal pieces would slide back and forth and sometimes you could see the beading wire, sooooo....
...I unstrung it and made a copper wire chain, (each part of the chain is fused together) attaching each piece to a copper link. I'm much happier with it because I know where the pieces are going to fall and I like the copper chain much much better.”

Before:
r1
After:
r2
“I finally have one! I made this ring several years ago and it never quite worked.
So I sawed the top off, drilled and torch riveted a quartz drop on blackened chain. I consider it a 'future primitive' pendant and am much happier with it!”

***********
Our next challenge:
Season 10, Episode 7: Oh My Lord and Taylor Air 8/30/12
My Lifetime, Thursdays 9pmPST
To celebrate the 10th season, the designers get a chance to be part of the 10 piece Project Runway Capsule Collection at Lord & Taylor that will be sold in stores and online. They had to design a cocktail or evening dress for Lord & Taylor customers that will retail in the $200 to $300 price range. A designer from each of the other nine seasons has also created a look and the dress must fit in with the collection. The winning look will be manufactured by Lord & Taylor along with the others and sold online and at the flagship store. The dress will also be displayed in the window.
For our EtsyMetal Translation:
Design a sophisticated piece of jewelry for evening wear. Something that could go into production. You can choose one of the PR Lord and Taylor designs to complement or for inspiration, check them out here: http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/CMS/PRDress_Dress.cfm

Make it work!!

Deadline: Thursday, September 6 by midnight, your time.

**********
**Guidelines for Guest Submissions**
Please read this every week as there may be small updates and changes. The pieces you submit must be pieces that are made specifically for that week's challenge. Then post a link to your challenge creation in this week's comment area before the deadline.
*We are only accepting guest submissions from our blog comment area at this time, insert your links there. Then Please cross-post this to your Blog, Flickr, Etsy, etc. and tag them with "EMPR 10.3" We will post your name with a link and a picture of your piece on our blog. The deadline for guest submissions will be Thursday at 12:00 midnight, Pacific Standard Time. The new blog posts and the new challenge will go up the Friday after the new episode airs.

1 comment:

Victoria Takahashi said...

fantastic transformations ladies!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>