Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Recycle Your Packing/Packaging Material


So often I hear people say they buy their packing material. I've never had the need to, I recycle! I order so many of my supplies and most boxes come with their own stuffing. Some have styrofoam or the eco-friendly dissolving peanuts, the little inflatable air packets, others just use paper or my favorite, bubble wrap! Though I know its fun to simply pop it, save it instead and reuse it!

I have a large bag I use to collect the variety of materials I receive and then I simply pluck something out when I am mailing my own package. If I happen to be using a flat rate envelope instead of a box, old bubble mailers are great for an additional inside cushioning.

Plastic bags are great to reuse as are old newspaper, magazines or even shredded bits from your paper shredder (just make sure they are thoroughly mixed up!)

Bottom line - recycling your incoming packing material is not only good for the environment, its great on your wallet!

3 comments:

EHillson said...

I also try to use recycled packaging wherever possible. But I have found the occasional buyer who is a little upset when I do.

But recycling is good not just for me but for them as it helps keep shipping costs down.

Recycling means you care.

Beth Cyr said...

i've wondered that too - but most of the time I think it looks like its not recycled... how would they know i didn't buy those peanuts? I often worry more that my customers might think I AM buying styrofoam!

Kebo Jewellery said...

I completely agree with you. I alway recycle when sending out packages, it is great for the earth and it also means that I can pass the saving on to customers.

I have a note on my website informing customers that packaging is recycled unless they prefer new packaging i.e. if it is a gift (so far this has not happened and I have had no complaints!!).

Kelly

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>