Monday, October 29, 2018

Monthly Challenge- Chainmaking

Our October challenge was to experiment with chainmaking. This month didn't need to be a finished product but we do have two gorgeous bracelets that were completed. Chainmaking is such an intriguing challenge, there is so much that can be done. Enjoy and I hope we have inspired you to make some chain of your own.


Laura Bouton

 
This is a handmade curb chain with a little turquoise heart. Chain making is one of my favorite techniques.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Elise Worman

 
 The photo is of a few sample pieces with different finishes on two different chain types I made. The double U shape sideways is a cast element from a wax I carved. I've been wanting to make this bracelet for a while, so thanks for this challenge! The second is hammered silver circles soldered together to make a unique statement chain with so many possibilities. Great challenge!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Cynthia Kurth

 
I am very fascinated by chain weaving, it's so great what structures are made of wire. The second pic is a great sampler of multiple chain types.
 
 
 
 
 

Debbie Ritchie

 
 
 
 
 

Andrea Ring

 
 I tried to make some chains that would match earring designs I've been working on lately.
 
 
 
 
 

Michele Grady

 
This is actually 2 chains that are connected together at the moment. They can be worn as 1 long chain or as 2 individual shorter chains. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>