Friday, August 22, 2014

ETSYMETAL Jewelry Challenge: Project Runway Season 13.4 REVEAL "A Suitable Twist"


Welcome to the reveal of last weeks' Episode 4

"A Suitable Twist"

The Project Runway challenge:   For this challenge, the designers repurposed and remixed an array of men's vintage suits to create a look for the modern woman.     *My Lifetime video here*

The EtsyMetal Translation:  Cufflinks, tie tack or lapel pin that is inspired by your favorite look on the runway!

And here are our 4 team members and
1 guest submission reveal!


Based off of Fade's can't figure out the correct a) plaid.
in my world you can never go wrong with plaid.
Anna Severinina Fell
Here is a tie bar inspired by Amanda Valentines flower and fringe dress.
Shannon Conrad ~ Mixed Metal Onyx Cuff Links
For this challenge, I wanted to make a piece inspired by Kini's dress (let's face it - he was ROBBED!) I chose to make simple, yet bold cuff links. The simple design and mixed metals make these feel masculine and then I added a touch of femininity by using faceted stones. Sterling silver, copper, onyx.
Sterling Silver Tie bar based on the flower pattern in Amanda's dress.
~

Guest Submission
Leidi Jorge
The look I was inspired by this time was not one of the most rated in the runway but I liked because of the romantic touch of the fabrics, then I recycled a tie with similar tones and made a brooch with pendant made of enameled copper and plastic ivory flower.

NEXT WEEK!

Episode 5: 
"The Klum of Doom"

 Project Runway Season 13, Episode 5 ~ Air Date: 08/21/14.

With the Emmy's quickly approaching, the designers had to put together a look that is stunning enough for Heidi Klum to wear for the Creative Arts Emmy's.

So for our EtsyMetal Translation:
Using Sean Kelly’s winning design below, create a piece that is inspired by his winning look!


~

*guidelines for guest participants*

The pieces you submit must be pieces that are made with intent for that weeks challenge. Then post your  Flickr, FB links (I need to be able to grab the photo) in this weeks comment area below, I will retrieve them as they come in before the deadline.
We will post your name, link, description (you write) and a picture of your piece on this blog. Remember, the rigid deadline for submitting your link is always on Thursdays, 12 midnight, Pacific Standard Time. The new blog posts will go up on Friday.

1 comment:

MusaLunera said...

I love fringes that´s why I knew right away what was I going to do, no matter what I wanted to use tassels, I made my own ones with bright tones of blue threads and seed beads. It is a copper ring that can be use as a pendant, so far one of my favorite.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leidijorge/15048883726/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>