Friday, August 1, 2014

Charm Swap 14 update.....

Hi Everyone! This week's update's are in and ready to go! Jen from Prox has started working on her charms....She has been sawing away! She sends this photo ans says:
"Sawing lions. 6 down, 16 more to go." ....That's a lot of sawing and they look great Jen!



Laura from Laura Roberson also has some progress for us this week. Laura says: "Here are a few photos of my sterling "glacial pothole" charms in progress. I'm finally done with soldering, which was a little trickier than I thought it would be, and am in the finishing stages.  I think they'll look really cool once they're oxidized and parts are highlighted. It's been a lot of fun making them." ...Laura, I can't wait to see them finished! 



And last but not least we have a photo from Betsy of Betsy Bensen. Betsy is toying with the idea of doing heart charms. "since I seem to be getting multiple requests for heart shaped stone jewelry from customers, I figured why not do a heart charm. Instead of a stone, I wanted to practice my Kuem Boo technique on silver... I'll probably change the shape of this heart somewhat, and use 16 gage sterling, and figure out a simpler design for the 24kt applique. And to oxidize or not to oxidize, I like it either way actually... All I know is that I'd better get my act in gear, Sept is just around the corner!"...You are correct Betsy! Sept is closer than we thing! I need to get my act together as well!


Well that's all for this week. Until next time! ~MIchele

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>