Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weekly Review - Heavy Metal in Baghdad

I watched this movie a couple weeks ago - and knew that I wanted to make sure to tell people about it. Regardless of your music preference (and I have to be honest that heavy metal isn't one of my favorites), I would recommend this movie to everyone. I'm kind of at a loss of words to really say what is was about. It was incredibly moving and gave a much different view of Iraq than the one the general media has given. A couple years have passed since the movie was released and I was left feeling quite heartbroken at the end. But when I went to the website I was glad to see happy news of what has become of the band. Here's the website, though I would say, watch the movie first, then go check out the site.


elizabethrosasjewelry said...

thanks for the recommendation Beth. Sounds like my kind of movie.

You might like Persepolis (graphic novel made into an animation type movie) based on a true story.

Beth Cyr said...

I think you'll really like it elizabeth. Its the sort of movie that I have to kind of 'be in the mood for' - something kind of serious - but I always really like watching these types of movies on weekend mornings. I guess thats when I have time to actually think! I'll have to check out Persepolis! I think it was on demand...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin